#AgainstAllOdds! Omkar Kapoor on his journey

Omkar Kapoor might have begun his acting career as a child artist with films like ‘Judwaa’, ‘Hero No 1’ and ‘Judaai’, but most of us have known and fawned over him only after meeting him as Tarun Thakur in ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2’. The film struck a chord with the audience and the critics were all praise for Omkar too but he decided to take things slow after the film. He has now made a comeback with MX Player’s ongoing show, the Vikram Bhatt-directed ‘Bisaat’. In an exclusive conversation with ETimes, the actor opens up about the fame and recognition that came his way after his first film’s success, how he had landed it, and how things are shaping up for him now.
What is the biggest takeaway from your film journey so far?
I’m yet to get a significant takeaway. But yes, I’ve learned the importance of consistency. To be honest, ‘Bisaat’ marks the beginning of my second innings after growing up. With ‘Pyaar Ka Punchanama 2’ it had started. There’s a lot more to explore before I am completely satisfied, and break my image of the-boy-next-door. This show is a great jump for me and will help me change that ‘cute boy’ image. Life has given me a second chance, and I am here to make the most of it.

81

For many, you’re still the ‘Punchnama’ guy. How was the first taste of fame like?

Honestly, fame is something that I’ve been acquainted with since my childhood (laughs). Yes, it did go to my head, but I’ve learned to not let that affect me now. I don’t really take such notions seriously as it messes you up. From my experience, one must learn to take their work seriously, but not themselves, as otherwise one would be trapped forever. Yes, fame does feel good, the love from the audience, and them liking your work feels good, but it’s okay to not let that grow within you.

82

What are the kind of challenges do you face now?

To be honest, I’m yet to find my foothold. Now I have this fundamental quality of faith instilled in me. I am hoping more opportunities come my way, I’d love to explore them. But yes, I am a little choosy and moody in terms of picking a script. So, it does take me a lot of time to make up my mind and devote myself to a project. If I click with a script emotionally, I tend to take it up, and it’s really difficult to find such scripts today.

83

You were one of the first ones to enter the webspace…

Yes, and I am happy that I took that leap of faith. I went on to do an OTT film when it was an alien medium for most back then. With the pandemic, and the tragic situation of cinema halls, people have now understood the relevance of that medium. As an actor, I feel there’s a lot of creative freedom. Of course, there’s a massive competition too, to stay relevant, now that every actor is dabbling into that medium.

Are you happy with how things are shaping for you now?

Now that I am back on the screen, it’s going to be an onward and upward journey. I am a lot hopeful now. I’ve started shooting for something else also. I’m happier.

84

What are the upcoming projects you are working on?

There are a few releases planned. A lot of exciting things on the way. I’ll be able to talk about it, in my next interview (smiles).
Credit Source – https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/againstallodds-omkar-kapoor-im-yet-to-find-my-foothold-in-this-industry/articleshow/82978837.cms

The post #AgainstAllOdds! Omkar Kapoor on his journey appeared first on Stay in Gurgaon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flat sale of flu drugs hints at no unusual rise in infections

10YearsForSimha: Reasons behind film’s success

Hrithik-Saif’s Vikram Vedha hits a roadblock