Meera Chopra denies vaccine allegations

Actress Meera Chopra’s excitement after having been vaccinated for the Covid-19 virus was short-lived. As soon as she announced on social media that she had received her first jab, a controversy cropped up. Some sources revealed on social media that Meera had been registered as a front line worker with the Municipal corporation in Thane, Maharashtra to allow her to get vaccinated on priority. The actress came under scrutiny and criticism for this development and social media followers used this incident to highlight malpractices in the vaccination process across the state.
Now the actress has come forward to deny the allegations. Meera reveals that she received her first vaccination at a Thane hospital and was asked for her identity card and one passport photograph which was given to the vaccination centre. She issued a statement which says, “We all want to get vaccinated and we all are trying our best to do that. Similarly I also tried trying asking help from people I know and after 1 month of trying I was able to get myself registered in one of the centres. I was just asked to send in my aadhaar card. The ID that has been floating on social media is not mine. I was asked for my aadhaar card for registration and that’s the only ID I gave. No ID is valid until it has your signature. I myself, saw that so called ID card for the first time, when it came on Twitter. I totally condemn such practices and if any such ID has been made I would want to know how and why.”

Meera has worked in Tamil and Telugu movies. She has also worked in Hindi films like ‘1920 London’, ‘Section 375’ and more. She was recently seen in the web series ‘Kamathipura’ as well.

Credit Source – https://ift.tt/3vByRHc

The post Meera Chopra denies vaccine allegations appeared first on Stay in Gurgaon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flat sale of flu drugs hints at no unusual rise in infections

10YearsForSimha: Reasons behind film’s success

Hrithik-Saif’s Vikram Vedha hits a roadblock