Taapsee: My dad is the backbone of my growth

Taapsee Pannu and her sister Shagun are currently holidaying in Russia before the actress can plunge neck-deep into her work. Throughout the last two months, Taapsee’s parents, Dilmohan Singh and Nirmaljeet Pannu had been staying in Mumbai with her sister and her before they headed off for their vacation. Taapsee believes this is one of the longest spells her father has spent with her in the last decade at a stretch in Mumbai. Talking about this, Taapsee says, “The second round of lockdowns caught me unawares, pretty much like the last time when it happened. Of course, one thought that we have experienced things the last time around, and so, we might have a way out of this sooner. But days turned into weeks and months. At its peak, the situation in the second wave was so devastating. This time, unlike the previous time, it affected me mentally in a big way. The magnitude of the damage this time was too high. Each one of us, including me, has lost someone or the other in close circles. The editor of Rashmi Rocket died. A friend’s grandparents passed away and the list just kept getting longer. That impacted me a lot; all this made me panic so much that I forced my parents to come and stay with me in Mumbai. I was insecure about letting them stay in Delhi this time. I just woke up to so much bad news almost every other day that I didn’t want them to be away from me.”

The actress believes that apart from her mother, her father has been one of the strongest reasons she has grown as a person. Bring up Father’s Day and ask her about the influence her dad has on her, and Taapsee says, “My father is the backbone of my growth. We all need that one person who has our back at all times. In my case, it’s my father. My father has taught me to manage my finances well. He has made sure that I do the right thing with the money I earn. He has created that room for me to be able to have my own safety net. In the last decade or so, papa has not spent much time with me because I have been away from home. The last few weeks account for the longest spell he and I have been at home together in Mumbai. I think more than me, he needed a break from seeing my sister and me hovering around him. We’ve actually had a Father’s Month! It felt great to have papa at home with us.”

Credit Source – https://ift.tt/3zJx7Oz

The post Taapsee: My dad is the backbone of my growth appeared first on Stay in Gurgaon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flat sale of flu drugs hints at no unusual rise in infections

10YearsForSimha: Reasons behind film’s success

Hrithik-Saif’s Vikram Vedha hits a roadblock