Vardhan Puri on grandfather Amrish Puri

Bollywood actor Amrish Puri would have celebrated his 89th birthday today. On the legendary actor’s birth anniversary, ETimes reached out to his grandson, Vardhan Puri, who just like the late actor, is trying to carve a niche for himself in Bollywood.
Talking about his life’s biggest inspiration, Vardhan shares how his late grandfather plays an important role in shaping his life, even today. “He was very disciplined and punctual and had a lot of patience. I try to inculcate those habits in my life. Apart from that I always remember him telling me that our roots are in theatre, so, I should always be a theatre actor. He had instructed me to not get swayed away by the whole party and lifestyle thing, instead be focused and have blinkers on my eyes. He had asked me to just keep my eyes on the prize and I would win. I try to add those values in my daily routine. I am not a party person and I hardly ever go out with my close friends. I stay away from alcohol, cigarettes and gambling. Apart from that, just like my dadu, I am an extremely spiritual person and that gives me great power,” shares Vardhan in an exclusive chat with ETimes.

“If he was alive today, I would have told my dadu that he is the biggest inspiration of my life and I would tell him that he is an amazing human being. I am dying to make him proud of my achievements and whatever I will do in my life, will be dedicated to him,” he adds.

Ask him if he has any fond memories with his late grandfather and the actor takes a stroll down memory lane to share, “I remember the time when I attended an award function with my grandfather and father in Singapore. It was in the year 2003. That was the most wonderful time I had with my dadu. We shared a room and it was so cute as we used to cuddle in the night and I used to wake in the morning to watch him get ready. It was amazing to see the kind of adulation and love that he got from the people around and the film fraternity during the function in Singapore. It was surreal!”

Vardhan shared a great rapport with his dadu and wished that he could relive the moments spent with his dadu again. The young actor also revealed that his grandfather was like a best friend to him. “I would say he was less like a grandfather and more like a friend. I cannot forget how we were holding hands, walking in the city and he covered his face with a shawl, so that no one would recognise him. We went shopping and he bought me a nice toy car, an amazing perfume, a jacket and I have preserved those three things. It was surely an amazing time and I wish it could happen again. I remember the flight, where all the air hostesses were excited to see him and they gave him so many chocolates and snacks to eat and I had put them all in my bag (chuckles). I had some amazing memories with him,” he concludes.
Credit Source – https://ift.tt/3qgoln7

The post Vardhan Puri on grandfather Amrish Puri appeared first on Stay in Gurgaon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flat sale of flu drugs hints at no unusual rise in infections

10YearsForSimha: Reasons behind film’s success

Hrithik-Saif’s Vikram Vedha hits a roadblock