Haryana: Fraudsters dupe bizman of Rs 90 lakh on pretext of providing ‘rare’ cancer medicine

In his complaint, Sukhdev Singh of Chori Khori village in Naraingarh block named one Rupesh Dagar of Delhi and four other men as accused. (Representational Image)

AMBALA: An Ambala-based businessman for allegedly duped of Rs 90 lakh by some fraudsters who promised him to provide a rare cancer drug. The accused persons also handed over a two-headed snake to the complainant.
A similar case of fraud of over Rs 30 lakh was registered in Ambala City on June 17, 2021, in which, one accused was arrested.
In his complaint, Sukhdev Singh of Chori Khori village in Naraingarh block named one Rupesh Dagar of Delhi and four other men as accused.
Following the complaint, the Ambala police booked Rupesh Dagar under Section 406 (criminal breach of trust) and 420 (cheating) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) at Shahzadpur police station on Sunday.
“I own a factory in Kala Amb in Himachal Pradesh, and Rupesh Nagar used to work at this factory. Rupesh told me that his friends Ayub Khan, Jarnail Singh, Sunil and Vinod Kumar, manufacture a cancer medicine which is very rare and expensive. He said that this medicine cures all types of cancers and hundreds of people have been cured. When I asked about the expense, Rupesh told me that if I spend about Rs 50 lakh on this medicine, then I will earn about Rs 3 crore,” said Sukhdev in his complaint.
Sukhdev said he trusted accused Rupesh and from January 28, 2020 to July 15, 2021, he gave about Rs 48 lakh to the accused persons.
“After two-three days, Ayub, Jarnail and Sunil came to meet me and said that my medicine is being prepared and will be delivered very soon. They again demanded Rs 20 lakh more which I gave. Then they said that my medicine was ready and called me near MDM Palace and demanded Rs 20 lakh more which I paid to them,” said Sukhdev.
“They handed me a gift type box and when I opened it, I found a two-headed snake in it. I got scared and the accused persons fled from the spot after taking Rs 20 lakh from,” the complainant alleged.

FacebookTwitterLinkedinEMail

Credit Source – https://ift.tt/38oJyTs

The post Haryana: Fraudsters dupe bizman of Rs 90 lakh on pretext of providing ‘rare’ cancer medicine appeared first on Stay in Gurgaon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flat sale of flu drugs hints at no unusual rise in infections

10YearsForSimha: Reasons behind film’s success

Hrithik-Saif’s Vikram Vedha hits a roadblock