Dharmendra on not attending Lata Di’s funeral

“I was very uncomfortable and uneasy. I got ready not once but three times to go for Didi’s last rites yesterday. But everytime, I pulled myself back. I didn’t want to see her leaving us. I was feeling very uncomfortable and uneasy after hearing the news of Lata Mangeshkar’s demise yesterday,” said Dharmendra, talking to ETimes exclusively, when contacted this evening to say a few words about the departed legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar, who left for her heavenly abode yesterday morning.
Added Dharam ji, “I also want to tell you that she would make it a point to occasionally even send gifts to me. She would send me quite a few motivating forwards and kept telling me ‘Remain strong’. I remember I had once written a slightly gloomy post on Twitter and she immediately called up to ask if I was doing fine and spoke to me for 30 minutes to cheer me up. Often, we would chat for 25-30 minutes even until recently. She adored me.”

Dharmendra further said, “Let me tell you one more incident, which will spell out how much she adored me. At an award function, she remembered that I had worn a beige coloured shirt when I’d first met her. I was surprised beyond words. Such a memory!”

Credit Source – https://ift.tt/KAme7Yj

The post Dharmendra on not attending Lata Di’s funeral appeared first on Stay in Gurgaon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flat sale of flu drugs hints at no unusual rise in infections

10YearsForSimha: Reasons behind film’s success

Hrithik-Saif’s Vikram Vedha hits a roadblock