Akshay apologises for endorsing an elaichi brand

Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar recently took to his Instagram handle to apologise to his fans and well wishers on his association with an elaichi brand. Taking to his Instagram handle, he wrote, “I am sorry. I would like to apologise to you, all my fans and well-wishers. Your reaction over the past few days has deeply affected me”.
“While I have not and will not endorse tobacco, I respect the outpouring of your feelings in light of my association with Vimal Elaichi”.

He also added, “With all humility, I step back. I have decided to contribute the entire endorsement fee towards a worthy cause. The brand might continue airing the ads till the legal duration of the contract that is binding upon me, but I promise to be extremely mindful in making my future choices. In return I shall forever continue to ask for your love and wishes. Akshay Kumar.”
Recently, Akshay Kumar alongside Ajay Devgn and Shah Rukh Khan were seen sharing the screen space together for a popular elaichi commercial. Minutes after the commercial went viral, netizens had a mixed response towards the same, as Akshay had said earlier that he’d never endorse a tobacco brand.
An old video of the same had gone viral. Akshay spoke on a public platform circa 2018 about the same. Have a look :

Credit Source – https://ift.tt/ImCZpVj

The post Akshay apologises for endorsing an elaichi brand appeared first on Stay in Gurgaon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flat sale of flu drugs hints at no unusual rise in infections

10YearsForSimha: Reasons behind film’s success

Hrithik-Saif’s Vikram Vedha hits a roadblock