Mrunal Thakur opens up on being body-shamed

Time and again Bollywood actress Mrunal Thakur has been a strong advocate of body positivity. Having said that, the actress in an interview with Times Now, recently recalled the time when she was trolled for her figure.
The actress added that the trolls calling her ‘matka’ will never stop her from being confident in her skin. Elaborating further, the actress added that she has been body shamed for her curvy figure and revealed that she was even told during briefings to ‘cut down on the lower body. If I cut down — I start losing weight from my face, then my upper body and then it would reach my lower body – I will still have that shape”.
She added, “So rather than people calling me matka and me feeling bad, I take a lot of pride in it.”
“First of all, it is not necessary to have a zero figure. What I feel is important is to have a fit, not an unhealthy body. Then it depends on what body type you have. We all have different body types,” she stated.

The ‘Dhamaka’ actress went on to share the compliments she received when she was in America. “When I was in the US, people said a lot of women pay to get that body. When someone called me the Indian Kardashian, I was so happy that yes we need to celebrate. And now I have the confidence to post a picture and I just want to make sure that these trolls do not affect me,” she revealed.

When asked if there’s a message she’d want to express to the younger generation who also struggle with body image issues, the actress shares, “I want to raise my voice because there are a lot of people, a lot of girls who have the same body type as I do. I just want to normalise and tell them that it’s okay to have a pear-shaped body and wear high-waisted pants and a cropped top. “I just feel like no matter what – if you’re skinny, if you’re pear-shaped, if you’re apple-shaped, if you’re triangle-shaped – just appreciate it. We need to be comfortable in our own skin.”

The actress also shared, Bollywood can also do it’s bit to normalise real bodies. Mrunal said, “Despite being an actress, I have acne. I do PMS. There are breakouts during my menstruation. So, I think we need more actresses and public figures to talk about it and to normalise it because we all go through our days, this is natural and there’s nothing you can do about it. We need to be happy.”

On the work front, Mrunal Thakur recently starred in Jersey sharing screen space with Shahid Kapoor and Pankaj Kapur. The film is an official Hindi remake of Nani’s National Award-winning Telugu movie of the same name. Credit Source – https://ift.tt/fnZbYNz

The post Mrunal Thakur opens up on being body-shamed appeared first on Stay in Gurgaon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flat sale of flu drugs hints at no unusual rise in infections

10YearsForSimha: Reasons behind film’s success

Hrithik-Saif’s Vikram Vedha hits a roadblock