Exclusive! Harnaaz Sandhu talks about her inspiration

LIVA Miss Diva Universe 2021 Harnaaz Sandhu was crowned Miss Universe 2021 at the grand finale held in Eilat, Israel recently and the beautiful lady has done the nation proud by getting the coveted crown back to the country.
All of 21, Harnaaz who hails from Chandigarh brought back the Miss Universe crown, 21 years after Lara Dutta was crowned the Miss Universe in 2000. ETimes spoke exclusively to Harnaaz on her big victory, her inspiration and her future plans. Here’s an excerpt from the big interview.

When asked if she’d ever imagined herself coming this far, Harnaaz was quick to reply, “Well, if you have a vision in your life, I think everything is possible. You just need to believe in yourself. I always made sure that no matter what kind of circumstance I am in or what life will have to offer me, I will achieve my goal. The moment I entered Miss Diva, I made sure that I get crowned and decided that if I represent India, I’ll make sure I comeback with the crown.”

We asked her about the people who inspired her to come this far at such a young age and Harnaaz said, “I got inspiration from Lara Dutta, Sushmita Sen and Priyanka Chopra, through them I realised that I want to inspire people the way they have been doing.”

[embedded content]

When quizzed about her major strength that helped her crack the contest, Sandhu said, “I think it’s just the way you perceive things, it’s not about winning or losing but about the challenges that come along. I have always focused on what next rather than looking behind at what could’ve happened. One needs to live in the present because that’s how you can change your future.”

Talking about her future plans, Harnaaz said, her advocacy is regarding women empowerment. “For this, I have been focusing on my community because I have seen how my mother has dealt with a patriarchal system. I would like to talk about women empowerment all around the world, beginning with menstrual hygiene because it all starts from within. When you have a healthy body and mind that’s when you can follow your purpose and passion.”

Another cause that is close to Harnaaz’s heart is speaking about climate change. “We need to take action now, then only can we look forward to the future,” she adds.

Talking about the three changes, she’d like to bring about for women in India, Harnaaz said, “I think we need to educate everyone about menstrual hygiene. Another thing that I have been vigorously focusing on is our constitutional rights – right to education, right to work and to choose your partner. You need to be you own voice, you have the power to change your life. Thirdly, is to make women realise their emotional power and the fact that we always have each others back.”

Speaking on the importance of physical beauty, Harnaaz said it’s equal to internal beauty. “There has to be a balance. Everyone is unique and God has made everyone beautiful.”
Harnaaz signed off by sharing what a great role education had to play in her success, but being an average student, the beauty queen stressed on the need for practical education. On a lighter now, for now Harnaaz is only craving to have homemade makki di roti and sarson ka saag, and here’s hoping she gets to enjoy her mother’s specialty really soon!

Also See: Miss Universe 2021 Harnaaz Sandhu shines bright in a gorgeous yellow dress, these exclusive photos capture her fashion power!
Credit Source – https://ift.tt/3EjZC6w

The post Exclusive! Harnaaz Sandhu talks about her inspiration appeared first on Stay in Gurgaon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flat sale of flu drugs hints at no unusual rise in infections

10YearsForSimha: Reasons behind film’s success

Hrithik-Saif’s Vikram Vedha hits a roadblock