Kiran’s dad didn’t approve marriage to Vinod

Late actor Vinod Mehra’s wife Kiran Mehra, during an exclusive interaction with ETimes in our #BigInterview published yesterday, opened up about their love story, her husband’s past relationships and lots more. If marriages were not made in heaven, perhaps Kiran would not have married Vinod Mehra. Or, plainly speaking, if Kiran’s father had managed to have his way, Kiran and Vinod wouldn’t have become man and wife.
Dwelling on their love story at length, Kiran first revealed how she fell in love with Vinod Mehra.
We met through common friends. After two days, he asked me out for lunch. He followed me to London. We soon fell in love. We spoke only on the phone and exchanged notes. After some time, I was again in India.”

Click on the video below to see this, plus lots more:

[embedded content]

This is where Kiran’s dad got into their love story. Honestly spelling out how he resisted their marriage, Kiran said, “My dad who was then settled in Kenya decided to come down and take me to Kenya (so that the love story ends and the shaadi does not happen). Vinod spoke to him and he told him that he was taking my sister and me for a few days to North India, but he had actually booked tickets from Delhi to Kenya!”


Mind you, Vinod Mehra had to race to Delhi to stop the trio from taking off to Kenya. Kiran further said, “Another meeting happened between Vinod and my father in Delhi. I called Vinod and told him that dad was taking me away. Vinod flew down to Delhi. I don’t know the details of that meeting but the very next week, we were married.”

Why was Kiran’s father not in favour of Vinod Mehra becoming his son-in-law? Were the stories of Vinod Mehra’s previous relationships bothering him? Without batting an eyelid, Kiran said, “Stories come and go. But look, we were not from the industry. Moreover, India was not my home. And, the youngest daughter of the family (me) wanted to marry a man who was 20 years older than her! My father’s concern was justified.”

But the worry faded away as Vinod and Kiran made a happy couple, though it took one year for Kiran’s father to come to terms with the marriage fully.

If you still haven’t watched the video above, click NOW!

Credit Source – https://ift.tt/3Hf6LqJ

The post Kiran’s dad didn’t approve marriage to Vinod appeared first on Stay in Gurgaon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flat sale of flu drugs hints at no unusual rise in infections

10YearsForSimha: Reasons behind film’s success

Hrithik-Saif’s Vikram Vedha hits a roadblock