Waluscha on working with Salman & SRK

After impressing one and all with her Lavani moves in the song ‘Chingari’ in ‘Antim: The Final Truth’, Waluscha De Sousa is out with yet another peppy song, this time a typical masala number titled, ‘Bollywood Wala Dance’. In an exclusive interaction with ETimes, the actress opened up about her experience of working with superstars and her interesting line-up of projects for next year. Excerpts…
‘Bollywood Wala Dance’ has been garnering rave reviews. How does it feel?
It is actually quite exciting to end the year on such a high note. It is very gratifying. The song is already being played at parties. People’s love is translating through the views that the video is getting.

What attracted you to this song?
When I heard the song, I loved it. It was an out and out Bollywood masala song and it was something that could not have gone wrong. The tune is easy to hum. People seem to love it already. The choreographers have kept the steps of the song enjoyable but at the same time relatable so that people can easily pick it up. It has come together beautifully.

Mamta Sharma has sung the song for you. She has some hit numbers like ‘Munni Badnaam’, ‘Tinku Jiya’, ‘Anarkali Disco Chali’ – do you have a favourite?
Mamta is an amazing singer so it was just the right mix of people coming together to make the song. From her other songs, I will choose ‘Munni Badnaam’ as it is yet another great and popular track that she has sung.

You impressed one and all in the Lavani song in ‘Chingari’ and now ‘Bollywood Wala Dance’. How were both the experiences for you?
‘Chingari’ is an altogether different dance form from what I did here in ‘Bollywood Wala Dance’. It is a popular form of art that I needed to pick up and learn. You need more control and expressions in that. I had to perform keeping in mind that it is a form of art and stay true to that. It was a challenge. ‘Bollywood Wala Dance’ was different in a way that it just required you to have fun and go all out with it. I had a great time doing both the songs.

You mentioned in one of your earlier interviews that you are a perfectionist. Is that one of the reasons why you have been quite selective with your work?
I am quite picky. I take my time. I don’t know if that is a good thing. I have a lot of patience. I just wait and wait for the right things to come my way, something that would help me display my talent in a way that people haven’t seen. Be it doing a Lavani or playing a negative part in my web series ‘Crackdown’, these are things that people didn’t expect me to do and I liked surprising them.

You have worked with India’s top Bollywood superstars like Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan. What according to you distinguishes them from the others?
I would also want to add Mohanlal sir’s name to the list because I have also worked with him. These megastars are flag-bearers of the fact that hard work is what pays off and nothing comes easy. All these three people resonate with this so loudly and clearly. If you need to reach anywhere, you have to work for it.

BeFunky-collage (7)

You have been exploring some great opportunities and shows on the digital platform. There has been a surge of female-oriented shows on OTT. How do you look at it as an actor?
OTT has opened up new doors for actors and filmmakers who are now thinking out of the box. People are churning out very relatable content. I have been exploring roles that I never saw myself doing. I am really glad to be an actor at this point.

Is there any recent show you wished you were a part of or a role you wanted to explore?
Sushmita Sen has done a fantastic job in ‘Aarya’. It is a superb role to play. I wouldn’t say that I wish I had that part because she has played it exceptionally well. But that is a show that I really loved watching.

What’s next?
I have a couple of releases next year. I am currently shooting for ‘Crackdown 2’. I have shot for a show called ‘Escape Life’ that is in the line-up. I also have Abbas Mustan’s ‘Penthouse’. Apart from these there are films and shows that I cannot discuss right now.
Credit Source – https://ift.tt/3Jikyi1

The post Waluscha on working with Salman & SRK appeared first on Stay in Gurgaon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flat sale of flu drugs hints at no unusual rise in infections

10YearsForSimha: Reasons behind film’s success

Hrithik-Saif’s Vikram Vedha hits a roadblock